Golden Visa

Real Estate Investment

Characteristics of the Golden Visa

The Golden Visa provides a variety of rights and advantages:

You start either with a one year visa or directly with the two year residence permit. 

The holder obtains a residence and work permit for all of Spain.

You can travel to other Schengen Countries.

If you comply with the residence requirements, you can apply for permanent residency after 5 years.

No need to spend more than one day per term in Spain.

You can apply in your home country or while you are already in Spain.

The administration has to answer in 10 (visa) or 20 (residence permit) working days.


The basic requirements to apply for the Golden Visa through Real Estate Investment are:

Purchase of a property in Spain for at least 500.000 €

Investment realised 

without financing.

Applicant is over 18 years old and a non-EU citizen

Sufficient economic means for maintenance in Spain

Full coverage health insurance in Spain


I bought a property a few years ago, can I still take advantage and apply for the Golden Visa?

As long as Law 14/2013 was in force when you bought the property and you comply with the other requirements, you can apply without a problem. The law came into force on September 29th 2013. 

Can I purchase various properties for lesser values and apply for the Golden Visa?

Yes. As long as the sum total of your investments complies with the amount of 500.000 €.

Can I finance at least part of the 500.000 € investment?

No. The full amount of 500.000 € has to be paid in cash, no financing allowed. If you were to buy a property for 750.000 €, it would be ok pay 500.000 € directly and to finance the remaining 250.000 €.

Can I bring my family with me on a Golden Visa?

Yes. You can apply for the following family members as your accompanying family: Your spouse or registered partner and any children under 18. Furthermore, you can apply for children over 18 who are financially dependent on you and who do not yet have a family of their own and for dependent parents or grandparents.

Can I travel to other EU countries with the Golden Visa?

Yes. The Golden Visa allows you to travel to Schengen Countries for periods of 90 out of 180 days.

How much time do I have to spend in Spain to maintain and renew the Golden Visa?

If you only wish to maintain and renew the Golden Visa, all you have to do is visit Spain once during the term of a permit. However, if you plan on getting permanent residency after 5 years, you have to comply with the requirements and spend most of each year in Spain. 

Tee Set


Carrer del Rosselló 218 4º 2ª en 08008 Barcelona

+34 622 677 294

  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook

We are here to clear up any doubts you may have and to help you with your application. 

Get in touch!

Thank you!